The links in this post include affiliate sites:
We recently purchased an electric Ryobi String Trimmer, and have grown to LOVE it! The unit automatically bumps out string, so there’s absolutely no hassle while trimming your weeds, and uses replacement cartridges that are pre-wound for your convenience!
How to Replace the Trimmer Line in your Ryobi String Trimmer:
- Pinch the sides of the gray cap that secures the trimmer line.
- Pull the gray cap off.
- Set the gray cap off to the side. Now you can see your string trimmer cartridge.
- Pull out the empty string trimmer cartridge to throw away.
- Grab your new Ryobi string trimmer cartridge. It should come tightly wound with the end of the line secured to the plastic cartridge.
- Unhook the string from the cartridge.
- Thread the string through the hole on the head of the string trimmer, with the words on the cartridge facing towards you.
- Secure the new cartridge on the rod inside the head of the trimmer.
- Pull the string out just a bit, so it can’t accidentally get unthreaded through the hole.
- Replace the gray cap.
Viola! You are done!
I hope this helped,
With Love, Erika Nora